Thursday 2 August 2018

Biggest insecurities?


The fact that Instagram now has the column of "Ask me anything" in the ig story, I found it's very interesting to read people's ideas, opinions, thoughts etc. I asked a question yesterday night, 

"What is the biggest insecurities you are dealing with at the moment?"

I was surprised that I got so many feedback from my friends and if I were given more than one hand, I would want to reply and entertain each of them, I mean, come on! we're talking about this huge guy name INSECURITIES! (suddenly I just realized I once wrote an entry talking about insecurities, if you haven't read it, click here :))The answers I got from all respondents were really something, I feel like sharing all of them but can't afford to screenshot one by one though. Hence, I took the initiative to share it here.

Biggest Insecurities = body weight

Biggest Insecurities = looks

Biggest Insecurities = face

Biggest Insecurities = social perception

Biggest Insecurities = job

Insecurities = self confidence, gaining trust, loneliness, inferiority towards others, getting out of comfort bubble, planning for the future, background etc etc

I believe we all have different struggles upon our own insecurities yeah? Can you see there are similarities of the top 3 insecurities in the above list? Yep they all are physical features of a human being. Not denying the fact that physical characteristic is important for a person and is one of the apparent way to describe one's personality, I felt sympathy towards those who are struggling to get over this kind of insecurities as much as how I feel so sad about how the society has put a certain standards into a physical traits

pretty = tall, fair skin, slim
future world changer = straight A's, Dean List

I love to talk about insecurities so much knowing that I had handle a number of them previously. Trust me, I screw few times too people. However, going through hard times in dealing with it as time went by, make me learn few things.

NO ONE EXCEPT OURSELVES CAN HELP

Now, who do you think start to make you feel so insecure? Yep, it's us. No one really know us better except for ourselves so only we are the righteous one to help ourselves to get over it. Societal perception sicken up, true but then let us learn to love ourselves. Only when we learn to love myself, we learn to love what we do, we love for what we are, all these freezes the perception and expectation from the society (which I would call as a legit poison), and later help us to embrace for what we are! Tell me which one is easier, satisfy one people or a bunch of community?

BELIEVE THERE'S ALWAYS CHANCE

We might not get what we are always expecting. We go on a diet for 2 months, all that is flat is only money but not our belly. We give our truest trust to people, but what we get is always sh*t people scatter. Rainbow doesn't show up all time yeah? Your time will come. No sign of soul mate? M is married for 3 years now but she hasn't been bless with kids at all. Not a social media influencer? X is an SMI but she did not have an always-be-there family whom she can hang out with over the weekends. See? Instead of ranting over the sadness we have, why don't we think of the happiness we are able to cherish? Instead of having grief over our oversize thigh, maybe it's nice to appreciate of how we are free from any debts!

Embrace the ugliness and have a joy.
Have a blessed journey ahead everyone!

X,
the imperfect Fara but damn happy and grateful Fara



No comments

Post a Comment

© Farah Asyikin
Maira Gall